This is the post for you if you looking for how to reset electronic throttle control manually Chrysler 300 or maybe you want an answer to the question, “what does it mean when the electronic throttle control light comes on?”
When you notice any form of electronic throttle control problem Chrysler 300; you are more likely to see the Chrysler 300 throttle control warning light come on in your car dashboard which will require you to look into to get it resolved. We will even talk about the reason you might notice Chrysler 300 red lightning bolt warning light come on in your vehicle’s dashboard and where the Chrysler 300 throttle position sensor location is. You may also love to read this article: What is the Best Tire Pressure for Highway Driving
Most drivers might undermine the power of the electronic throttle control. Still, it plays a key role in gear changing and torque changes due to the acceleration and deceleration of the car.
The Chrysler 300 is a large Sedan car with many interesting features. One of them is the electronic throttle control. Electronic throttle control is a technology in automobiles that electronically connects the throttle to the accelerator pedal.
We will be looking at the throttle control warning light and reset the electronic throttle control manually Chrysler 300.
So, if your Chrysler 300 is indicating a red lightning bolt warning, read to the end to learn how to reset it manually and know what to do when you have any Chrysler 300 throttle body problem. How to Unlock a Steering Wheel Without Turning the Key
The electronic throttle control light coming on is a symptom of the severe failure of the throttle control system.
The engine computer goes into limp mode when there is any malfunctioning of the system.
The limp mode secures the engine by reducing your speed. This can occur as a result of external magnetic interference or failure of sensors.
Cause of Chrysler 300 red lightning bolt warning light
The cause of the red lightning bolt warning light in your Chrysler 300 is due to a problem with the electronic throttle control system which is caused by dust, smoke clog, and sometimes volcanic lightning conditions. But to truly identify which one is the problem you need to use a code reader to scan the engine for log code. Sometimes it might just be a glitch that only requires you to reset your Chrysler 300 electronic throttle control system and to reset the throttle follow the step in below on the topic “how to reset electronic throttle control manually Chrysler 300”
There are many causes of an electronic throttle control problem. However, internal contamination of the throttle body is one of the major causes of an electronic throttle control problem. This causes the throttle position to be halfway due to false air intake.
Quite a several cars have the throttle position sensor located on the end throttle arm. For example, the Chrysler 300 throttle position sensor is located at the side of the throttle plate.
Here are the procedures on how to reset electronic throttle control manually. Chrysler 300. You have to prioritize timing following this procedure:
- Switch on the ignition key. Ensure not to start the engine.
- Allow 30 seconds to elapse.
- Depress the accelerator 1min/depression—fully depressed five times (5 minutes).
- Allow 7 to 10 seconds to elapse.
- Depress the accelerator pedal fully for about 10 seconds. You will notice the check engine light blinking quickly. This indicates Diagnostic Test Mode II has begun.
- Slowing release the accelerator pedal and allow 5 to 10 seconds to elapse.
- Depress the accelerator pedal fully for about 10 seconds. You will notice the check engine light blinking slowly. This indicates erasing ECU memory.
- Slowly release the accelerator pedal and switch off the ignition.
- Try restarting the engine. You will observe the check engine light on.
- Key the check engine light
- Check the throttle position sensor. You will see a code, e.g., P0121 which shows that the throttle control is bad.
- Loosen the clamp, wiggle, and unbolt to unplug the cover.
- Unplug the electrical connector
- Unbolt the four bolts that throttle on and offsides the throttle assembly.
- Place your new throttle control back inside and bolt it.
- Reconnect the electric connector.
- Replace the cover and tighten the clamp.
- Replace the battery, be cautious when replacing the battery to avoid damaging the transponder chip by accident.
- Turn on the key for 10 seconds.
- Turn off the key for 10 seconds to reset the immobilizer on your Chrysler 300.
- Do this repeatedly.
- Your Chrysler 300 will be reset when you turn it on.
This warning light does not show up on your Chrysler 300, except there is a fault on the throttle system. We mean the accelerator pedal, the throttle body, and the connecting wire between them by the throttle system.
While other vehicles use cables connected directly to the throttle body, the Chrysler 300 uses a throttle control system to monitor and control the throttle position.
When something goes wrong with your Chrysler 300, the electronic throttle control warning light turns on to indicate that their vehicle is faulty.Can too Much Oil Cause White Smoke From Exhaust & How to Fix
Your electrical connector might be working perfectly, but the electronic throttle control light will come on if the throttle body is stucked.
The throttle body gets stuck primarily due to carbon build-up. You should inspect the throttle body to ensure it can open and cloth with ease.
If stuck, use a high-quality carb cleaner to clean all the carbon impinged on the throttle body. If it doesn’t work after cleaning, then you should replace it.
Driving with an electronic throttle control light on is not safe at all. There might be a drop in acceleration or a drop in fuel efficiency.
It might lead to a more severe case if the sensor continues reading obliquely. If your Chrysler 300 ECM can’t keep tabs on the air intake and outtake, it can rapidly cause an out-of-control engine.
If your throttle isn’t responding significantly, or you notice a drop in your vehicle performance, this could be because the air-fuel ratio isn’t appropriate.
If this happens, your Chrysler 300 electronic throttle control light will come on. If not attended to on time might cause severe damage to the engine.
Conclusion on chrysler 300 throttle body problems
Modern vehicles, like your Chrysler 300, have complicated features. These features make it easier to detect faults and know when something goes wrong with your vehicle.
The Chrysler 300 gives a better fuel efficiency and a more efficient engine response when the electronic throttle control light is working. Related: How Often Does Car AC Need to be Recharged
When it comes on, you might get mad at the electronic throttle control light but would have a good working vehicle when you have successfully reset the Chrysler 300 throttle control light.